Our blog is reader-supported. When you click a link in a post, we may earn a small comission at no extra cost to you. This article is intentded for informational purposes, and is not a replacement for medical advice. Learn More
In today’s fast-paced, high-stress world, it’s easy to overdo just about everything. Therefore, it’s no surprise that many people turn to crystals for anxiety, stress, and over-thinking! So many of us are worried about climbing the financial ladder. We have friends and family and bills to worry about. We stress over our children and our pets.
First, it’s important to remember that stress is inevitable, and sometimes a little anxiety can actually be healthy. It helps us stick to our deadlines and get things done. To be Frank, worry is a natural part of being human. It’s arguable that we’d never progress without it.
For some people, self-care means reading a book in a quiet place or playing video games. For others, it might mean a moment with their crystals.
Crystal healers will tout the benefits of these high vibration tools, but the term high vibration doesn’t exactly sound relaxing. The truth is that there are many gemstones that can pump up your energy. Essentially, these gems specialize in taking you to a higher plane. You can use them to boost your energy when you’re feeling worn out.
At the same time, there’s an entire group of stones that are great at calming us down. These are the crystals we’ll talk about today.
As always, it’s important to remember that no crystal can replace the advice of a trained medical or mental health worker. Remember, no one’s journey is the same. Therefore, if you’re not feeling like yourself, you may want to seek medical help in place of or along with crystal medicines.
With that said, in this post, we’ll go over ten of the best crystals for anxiety!
In This Post
Rhodonite is a silica-based mineral that forms in red, rounded crystal groupings. It tends to contain ample doses of manganese and iron, but it’s not necessarily the mineral content that makes this gem such a great anxiety reducer.
Sometimes called, the stone of compassion, rhodonite is a powerful emotional soother. As a result, it can help us cut ties with people and emotions that we no longer need. Additionally, it also smooths over our more turbulent emotions. These might be things like fear, anger, and jealousy.
It can wash away emotional scars and helps to ground us and make us feel secure with our place in life. In short, rhodonite is a wonderful stone to help you chill out and forget the stresses of your here and now as well as your past. That makes it perfect when you just need a moment to breathe.
How to Use Rhodonite Crystals for Anxiety
- Meditate with a piece of rhodonite over your heart chakra to help clear negative emotions and promote calm.
- Sit with your rhodonite chunk and let the soothing warmth replace your fears with a sense of positivity.
- Wear rhodonite in a necklace, bracelet, earrings, or ring for a constant soothing boost.
- Carry a piece of rhodonite or a rhodonite worry stone in your pocket for a quick dose of calm when you need it.
- Add rhodonite to your bathwater or shower for an extra emotional cleansing scrub. However, be careful not to submerge your stone for longer than necessary as rhodonite is one of those stones that has a habit of dissolving when left in water.
- Leave a rhodonite specimen in a special place in your home to fill that room with its soothing energy.
- Combine rhodonite with other emotional soothing and positive energy stones to help fill you with warm, sunny energy.
This member of the feldspar family is found in igneous rocks all over the world. It dazzles with flashes of blue, green, yellow, and even purple, but this rock’s ability to help with anxiety is where it really shines.
Labradorite is a wonderful stone when it comes to strengthening our emotional core. It reminds us of our self-worth and opens up the paths to intuition.
This, in turn, allows us to see ourselves from all angles and express who we are without fear. In fact, one of the most important benefits of labradorite is the way it helps us see our destiny.
Those who add labradorite to their lives often find their paths clearing in front of them and a better outlook on the future.
How to Use Labradorite Crystals for Anxiety
- Sit and meditate with your chosen chunk of labradorite to help see the path of your destiny.
- Meditate with a piece of labradorite over your throat chakra. This can help clear your voice and learn to clearly communicate your feelings.
- Add labradorite to a crystal water bottle to infuse your inner body with this stone’s magic.
- Carry a labradorite worry stone with you for quick insight and calm whenever you need it.
- Use labradorite in your bath or shower for a cleansing scrub.
- Use labradorite with other cleansing stones to intensify its calming and enlightening effects.
- Wear labradorite in a necklace, ring, bracelet, or earrings for a constant flash of strength throughout your day.
- Give labradorite a special spot in your home to fill that room with magical, calming energy.
Lepidolite is a lilac-gray member of the mica family that often has quartz and feldspar properties. It’s sometimes mined for the element lithium, which is a powerful mood smoother in its own right. That said, this tubular stone has a better use of powering your emotional batteries.
This is a stone of transition that can help us center our emotions in times of turmoil. Furthermore, it’s a powerful emotional healer that dissolves negative thoughts.
Keepers of this stone often find themselves far more relaxed and grounded. Indeed, it’s said to be impossible to use lepidolite for evil purposes.
This stone simply radiates far too much positive energy. It won’t allow itself to be used for negative goals.
We’ve done an in-depth article about Lepidolite here.
How to Use Lepidolite Crystals for Anxiety
- Meditate with lepidolite over your third eye to open intuition and balance your whole.
- Set a piece of this stone over your throat chakra to help you speak your emotions.
- Sit with some lepidolite on your heart chakra to free up the emotional centers and boost calm.
- Carry a piece of lepidolite in your pocket for a boost of positive energy whenever you need it.
- Wear lepidolite in a necklace, bracelet, ring, or earrings to get a constant soothing effect.
- Add lepidolite to other stones to make sure their effects stay on track with the positive energy you’re looking for.
- Relax in a quiet place with your piece of lepidolite to absorb its message of collected calm.
- Set lepidolite in a special place in your home to help clear and center the air in that room.
This calcium sulfate crystal is found in Mexico, Peru, Britain, Germany, Egypt, and Poland. Soft whitish-blue in color, it sometimes fluoresces under UV light, but it’s also known for its anxiety-reducing properties.
Angelite is arguably one of the best stones for soothing our emotions. Firtsly, it dissipates negative feelings like fear and anger and replaces them with a gentle sense of calm. This increase in calmness has even been said to help with sleep.
Secondly, it can help us connect to our angelic guides. Bonding deeply with an Angelite stone is a great way to tap into your higher being and elevate your mood.
How to Use Angelite Crystals for Anxiety
- Place a piece of Angelite over your third eye to open up your view of the angelic realms.
- Meditate with Angelite on your throat chakra to help remind you to speak your peace.
- Sit with an Angelite on your heart chakra to help open your emotional centers. It can help you ready yourself to receive angelic warmth.
- Hold a piece of Angelite in your hand to feel the soothing warmth of the universe.
- Wear Angelite in a necklace, earrings, ring, or bracelet for a constant connection and soothing energy.
- Create a special place for your Angelite stone in your house to connect that room to powerful positivity.
- Carry a piece of Angelite in your pocket for a quick boost of positive energy whenever you need it.
Howlite is a white to off-white borate crystal that forms in clusters of rough bubbly stone or semi-clear points. It might look like a brain, but this gemstone isn’t for thoughts.
Where howlite really shines is its ability to help soothe anxiety.
Howlite is great for reducing tension and replacing it with a powerful calm. In addition, it can slow our racing thoughts and remind us that we don’t need to worry about unnecessary stuff.
This clearing of the mind also means that it tends to be great for those who have trouble falling asleep. Moreover, it can help us retrieve wisdom from our subconscious minds during sleep and bring it back to the waking world. This insight into our inner selves helps keep us grounded and relaxed.
How to Use Howlite Crystals for Anxiety
- Meditate with howlite above your crown chakra to bulldoze negative thoughts out of your whole system and energize your psychic centers.
- Carry a rough piece of howlite with you for a quick, grounding brush of calmness whenever you need it.
- Wear howlite as a necklace, ring, bracelet, or earrings for a steady stream of calming energy and insight.
- Add howlite to your shower or bath for an empowering cleanse.
- Set up a special place in your home for your howlite to help calm and cleanse the space.
- Use howlite with energizing crystals like diamond or citrine to help intensify its effects.
Kyanite is a silica-based gem that forms in long blue, green, black, or purple blades. Often these blades are formed when clay-rich soil is put under extreme pressure. This intense beginning is part of why kyanite is so great at helping us squeeze past our anxieties.
The soft blue hues of kyanite help water down our heightened negative emotions and float us in a sense of calm. While the physical stone breaks easily, it’s well known for its fast soothing effects when it comes to anxiety.
Black kyanite, in particular, is great at grounding our emotions and blotting out negative thoughts. It empties out the old cobwebs of our feelings to prepare us for a new surge of positivity.
With that said, all kyanite promotes balance and emotional stability.
How to Use Kyanite Crystals for Anxiety
- Wear kyanite as a ring, necklace, bracelet, or earrings for a constant flow of balance and positive energy.
- Meditate with kyanite over your crown chakra to rebalance and open all chakras and allow your energy to flow.
- Carry a polished piece of kyanite or kyanite worry stone around with you. As a result, you’ll have a boost of calming balance whenever you need it.
- Meditate with black kyanite for a grounding, balancing energy.
- Add a blade of kyanite to a shower or bath for an extra purifying scrub. However, please note it will melt if left in water and does much better as the energetic marinade for bath salts.
- Combine kyanite’s soothing prowess with energizing crystals for a fast, effective boost to your mood.
- Put together a special spot in your house where your kyanite blade can soothe the emotional ebb and flow of you and your family.
Shungite is a black carbon-based mineral that can be dull or shiny. How shiny the Shungite is tells us how much carbon is actually in there. The shiniest pieces contain the most carbon. It might not actually be a crystal, but it is good at helping us with our anxious emotions.
Unlike the other actual stones for anxiety, Shungite works by absorbing and neutralizing our negative emotions. It removes distraction so we can stay crystal clear about our place and purpose in life.
More than that, Shungite grounds and centers us so that we can stay on a more even keel. This evening effect is a great building block for a calm, more peaceful whole.
How to Use Shungite Crystals for Anxiety
- Carry around a chunk of Shungite or a Shungite worry stone for a stress receptacle whenever you need it.
- Meditate with Shungite over your root chakra to help ground you in the moment and push out your anxieties.
- Add Shungite to a shower or bath for an extra cleansing scrub.
- Use Shungite in conjunction with other, empowering crystals like kyanite to capitalize on its purifying effects.
- Wear Shungite in a necklace, ring, bracelet, or earrings for a constant ebb of grounding and negativity absorbing effects.
- Add Shungite to your altar or windowsill to let it purify and even out the energy of your home.
Amethyst is a violet-colored form of quartz that’s captured the human imagination for ages. Beyond its reported psychic effects, this stone is also touted as an excellent crystal for anxiety.
The way the purple gem helps us is multi-pronged. On one hand, Amethyst pushes negative thoughts out of our lives like the backside of a magnet. On the other hand, it pulls in positivity and opens up the door to intuition.
With the way clear and our inner eyes open, we can take a better look at ourselves and our situations. This, in turn, allows for consistent, permanent healing on top of the more instant calming effects.
When we can examine what our destiny is, we can better understand how to manage our whole selves.
How to Use Amethyst Crystals for Anxiety
- Wear amethyst in a ring, necklace, earrings, or bracelet for a constant calming and enlightening effect.
- Meditate with amethyst over your crown chakra for enhanced intuition.
- Carry a piece of amethyst or a worry stone in your pocket for a boost of intuition and serenity whenever you need it.
- Set up a special place on your altar or at a windowsill so amethyst can fill your home with powerful intuitive energy.
- Put amethyst in your crystal water bottle to infuse you with the calming intuition from the inside out.
- Add amethyst to a ritual shower or bath for an insanely eye-opening scrub.
- Use this gem with other stones like citrine, diamond, or hematite to amplify its clearing and magnetic effects.
Selenite is a gypsum crystal that’s clear to milky clear. Sometimes it builds in sheets like mica, but often it forms in thin needle threads like fiberglass. It uses this same flexibility to burrow into your inner being and prick out negative thoughts.
Selenite shines best as a stone of purification. It busts through energetic blocks and shines a white light onto just about any situation it comes across.
This propensity for cleansing extends to the way it helps us handle our emotions. While everyone is different, selenite has a habit of getting rid of the bad and amplifying the good.
The way it goes about this is powerful. In fact, those who work with selenite report it typically has a gentle, encouraging energy.
How to Use Selenite Crystals for Anxiety
- Meditate with selenite over your third eye to strengthen self-awareness and see-through emotional blocks.
- Give selenite a special place in your home where it can reflect its positive light into all corners of the space.
- Carry a selenite tower or worry stone with you for a purifying boost of calm whenever you need it. Keep in mind that the needle-like version of selenite can sometimes dig into your fingers like a thorn.
- Add selenite to your time with other crystals to promote a clear, calming energy.
- Wear selenite as a necklace, earrings, ring, or bracelet for a constant hum of purification and positivity.
- Add selenite to certain ritual purification ceremonies to enhance their effect. However, Selenite should never be submerged in water and begins to disintegrate if it gets wet.
Mainly a blue a white stone, sodalite is a sodium-rich mineral that comes in blue, green, yellow, and even pink. It’s often characterized by a blotchy, veined appearance, but don’t let that fool you. Sodalite is a powerful tool when it comes to soothing anxiety.
Often touted as a stone of creativity, sodalite’s power lies in its ability to promote clarity and calm. On the one hand, it allows artists, writers, and the like to formulate their ideas in a relatable, concise way. On the other hand, it lets us see the very roots of what causes our emotions.
It’s this enhanced vision of self that makes sodalite such a powerful healer. Those who work with this gem report not only enhanced abilities to recognize their emotions, but also to express them.
In essence, sodalite helps us recognize the issues we’re facing in our lives. Furthermore, it transform them into powerful, calming expressions of self.
How to Use Sodalite Crystals for Anxiety
- Hold a piece of sodalite while working on creative endeavors. Alternatively, set one on your work table to help boost unblock the meaning behind your artistic expressions.
- Wear sodalite as a necklace, ring, earrings, or bracelet for a constant flow of calm and creativity.
- Use sodalite in your bath or shower before you engage in some kind of self-expression in order to enhance the effectiveness of your project.
- Carry a sodalite worry stone in your pocket for a boost in creativity and positive energy whenever you need it.
- Use sodalite alongside other purification and positive energy stones. For example, selenite, citrine, and Angelite to better connect with the high vibrational energies of the universe.
- Give sodalite a place of honor at your desk or in your art studio. In essence, this can help enhance your focus and promote calm clarity at your most stressful times.
- Put sodalite in your crystal water bottle to infuse your full inner self with the calming creative energy of this stone.
Conclusion: Crystals for Anxiety
As you can see, there are many choices when it comes to crystals for anxiety. Ultimately, the best crystal for you will depend on how you respond to their energy. For this reason, we always recommend trying out a few different stones before deciding which is best for you!
Try using each stone on its own, or combined with others. Basically, you can test out different combinations at a time.
Once you find a stone that works for you, experiment with placements. Firstly, try keeping a piece in your pocket. Next, try wearing it in jewelry. Then, test out keep a piece on your desk or around your home. Finally, you will begin to form an idea about which stone and which placement helps you the most.